SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/9/2012, 6:34 am

@RevanSithLord I love the idea commander. Slap some gear on those troopers with out there armor and will have some ops troops. Sometimes a few selected troops may have to take off there armor and put on some light gear to move in at night to remove an obsticle preventing the main garrison moving in fully armored.

Last edited by Icemember on 3/9/2012, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/9/2012, 6:45 am

Indeed. Dark Ops Clones. :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Registration Date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 3:27 am

Icemember wrote:
@Bobfinkl I agree, your map should be added as a "A teaste of things to come" map. Maybe if we can fix up those sides before releasing to the public. And the updated version looks for some reason alot better. Reminds me of a landing in the pacific. But yes, I love the lok of it.
That's an easy matter of copying and pasting your sides into the maps side folder modifying the script to use your sides and presto, map's ready for release.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 3:55 am

Bobfinkl wrote:
Icemember wrote:
@Bobfinkl I agree, your map should be added as a "A teaste of things to come" map. Maybe if we can fix up those sides before releasing to the public. And the updated version looks for some reason alot better. Reminds me of a landing in the pacific. But yes, I love the lok of it.
That's an easy matter of copying and pasting your sides into the maps side folder modifying the script to use your sides and presto, map's ready for release.

Wow, that's convenient.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

Registration Date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 6:40 am

Ok just to make sure i'll be building this map right its supposed to be a slum town or a town that is somewhat a slum. If its a slum should I make it similar to the 1930's Great Depression slums? I know on the 2nd page of this topic it said it was a slum but not really so im just unsure if I should build a slum or build a decent city with a good and bad side of town.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 6:42 am

SpartanA259 wrote:
Ok just to make sure i'll be building this map right its supposed to be a slum town or a town that is somewhat a slum. If its a slum should I make it similar to the 1930's Great Depression slums? I know on the 2nd page of this topic it said it was a slum but not really so im just unsure if I should build a slum or build a decent city with a good and bad side of town.

I'd say try out the 30's style Great Depression slums. Or you could just imagine the lower parts of Coruscant or Coronet, Corellia.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 6:47 am

Yea make something like a slum town. Well be a good change.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 8:00 pm

Small preview of the map at the moment:
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Swbf220120310135212
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Swbf220120310135144
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Swbf220120310135206
Quick question should I add side walks and a few lamp posts to the map?
I was trying to go for the city type of slum with apartments and small buildings in between them instead of Hooverville in New York City in the 1930's.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/10/2012, 8:11 pm

Lamp posts and sidewalks would be most welcome. I'd say if you have an idea for it, go for it. Make it natural and convincing and put all your feeling into what you want it to look like in the end.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/13/2012, 10:30 pm

Looking good for a start. Yes as you mentioned. maybe adjust the buildings heights from low to high for the slum feeling.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/14/2012, 9:12 am

Hi guys, Had a breaktrough in scripting last night or this morning yay!!! DarthD.U.C.K. helped me with this one.

We manage to get the AI to do what I wanted lol. Now the player can capture CP's and lock them down. So this really opens up the game area for me. So tonight or this morning I was actually having alot of fun on one of the lost chapters, "All Battle Crisis" beach stage. I beef'ed everything up and still was able to get up the beach and capture it. Made it actually really fun lol.But anyways, here an update to D20 with the captured flak nest. (script in place)

Before this script, I played this over and over, always had a very hard time with the last CP. But this makes things more interesting. Soon I will make a tut for the rest of you with these scripts. And believe me, its not complicated at all once the hard work is done. Just a matter of copy and paste. Thought had to piece the script together till it worked lol. That took few hours.

Shots
------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Screenshot0061s
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Screenshot0062

Last edited by Icemember on 3/14/2012, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusting Info)
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/14/2012, 8:41 pm

Very nice. Those clones might also want to destroy the communications tower too. Just so the Militia doesn't call in for reinforcements. Will that be an objective?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/14/2012, 10:01 pm

As my scripting skills are building up, Yes that must be an objective. Good idea Commander!
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/18/2012, 2:07 am

So I’ve taken it upon myself to create the town map, the one which has had no progress reports in who knows how long and likely won’t have any ever. I’ve worked for the past week (or 2-3, my sense of time is warped during spring break) on this and I think the result is quite good.
http://beta.xfire.com/users/bobfinkl/screenshots/122364994

I still haven’t set up the gameplay I haven’t yet moved the cps, but I’ve got a plan set up for it once I complete the map itself. Also I have yet to finish the outskirts, I’ve only finished one side around the town (primary entrance), I still have to fill in the flanks with props/terrain variations. And lastly the town, it’s rather bare at the moment because I will work on the props within the town after I’ve finished the outskirts.
Back to top Go down
SpartanA259
Clone Trooper PFC
Clone Trooper PFC
SpartanA259

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/18/2012, 6:00 am

Looking good so far. Guess I dont have to build it then time to relax...
Back to top Go down
Bobfinkl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/18/2012, 2:02 pm

SpartanA259 wrote:
Looking good so far. Guess I dont have to build it then time to relax...
Wait a second... Were you supposed to be working on this? If you were, I'm very sorry I didn't mean to take over or anything, I had no idea.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/18/2012, 8:46 pm

It looks good Bob. I'd say continue working on it. We can squeeze it in there some hwere. Or prehaps use it for Chapter 2.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/22/2012, 11:52 am

After learning how to work the video options in xfire, you may know have a look at the maps we have done so far. Good work Team!

Some of the DD maps
---------------------------------------------------
http://beta.xfire.com/users/icemember/videos
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate
Clone Trooper Lietenant Colonel

Registration Date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/23/2012, 10:33 am

I'm so sorry I have not been on recently, I lost my password and could not retrieve it, I've been very busy from school, I've been sick as well, and cramming for exams. I apologize to everyone on the team for my absences. Since bob is working on a map I'm not sure if I should take the map I have and discard it or whatever, right now it's about 80% with most of the basic game-play set up, I just need to work on visuals. Ice, what should I do with my map, should I finish it for this version, or spend more time to use it for a later release? Again I apologize, please respond if you can. Thanks.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-expansion-mod
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/23/2012, 3:26 pm

ARC_troopa_Nate wrote:
I'm so sorry I have not been on recently, I lost my password and could not retrieve it, I've been very busy from school, I've been sick as well, and cramming for exams. I apologize to everyone on the team for my absences. Since bob is working on a map I'm not sure if I should take the map I have and discard it or whatever, right now it's about 80% with most of the basic game-play set up, I just need to work on visuals. Ice, what should I do with my map, should I finish it for this version, or spend more time to use it for a later release? Again I apologize, please respond if you can. Thanks.

-Nate

I'd say finish what you've got - all maps will be going to Bob if I am not mistaken as Bob is great with touching up on visuals. For now I'd worry about the gameplay, as the maps will be touched up visually for the final versions.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's okay, Nate. Life gets in the way. No need to apologize for living your life, man. I myself am possibly getting a job soon, so work on this will be limited. Family is trying to rush to make ends meet every month and we need the extra cash.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/23/2012, 7:03 pm

Ah, lost your password. Revan is right, no need to apologize. Keepw roking on your map. Will view your, bobs and Spartans. We will find a palce for it. Great
Back to top Go down
ARC_Troopa_Nate

Registration Date : 2011-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/23/2012, 7:47 pm

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry about your troubles Revan, it makes me feel so guilty sometimes hearing about others financial problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-expansion-mod
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/23/2012, 8:00 pm

ARC_troopa_Nate wrote:
Thanks guys, and I'm sorry about your troubles Revan, it makes me feel so guilty sometimes hearing about others financial problems.

No no no, don't feel guilty. We all have problems, mate. We're all hurting. We're all in this together. We're getting by, that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/25/2012, 4:30 am

Heres some facility_walls

Facility wall
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Facilitywall
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime3/28/2012, 1:32 am

Heres somemore shots of the corridors.

Shots
----------------------------------------------
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Corridor
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Corridor5o
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Corridorred
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Corridorst
Designated Days Operations - Page 18 Thebridge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Designated Days Operations   Designated Days Operations - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designated Days Operations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next