SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/21/2012, 7:30 pm

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Oct 7th, 2012

We are currently working on one of the most iconic maps in the Star Wars Universe: Hoth.
Sceluk has been busy making the map as awesome as possible and while (for the time being) the map may look a bit different compared to the original (unfortunately, heightmaps cannot be taken from the original game and ported in CE3), we can assure you that this map will be home to some of the most EPIC Star Wars battles you could possibly imagine.

Here are some early images:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The next step is scaling down the map, creating the interior areas and getting rid of any unnecessary terrain.

After that, we will add textures and assets.

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Oct 7th, 2012

New team member SharkYbg has been hard at work making the interior of Hoth's Echo base and he has created some truly awesome models.
SharkYbg has made an AT-ST:

Spoiler:

A shield generator:

Spoiler:

And a turret:

Spoiler:

He is also making Echo Base with the help of Sceluk.

Spoiler:

EDIT: The AT-ST has now got a basic animation and we are working on adding proper textures to Echo Base.

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Oct 15th, 2012

More updates are being made to the internal structures in Hoth.

Check out a screenshot of SharkYbg's new corridor test for Echo Base:

Spoiler:
This is the kind of attention to detail that we are taking into account:

"The models are just for testing. A lot of details need to be done like cables, lights and armature + different corridors like left or right turn, T type corridors etc. I changed the shape a little because it did not look like the proper corridor. I also changed the size to 75%. I also added armature and tweeked some things so the straight corridor can be continued with placing the same part over and over again. I added the left turn corridor and there seem to be strange effect when using displacement. Maybe it's because of the round shape. I resized the corridors a little to 80% from the last change, that way the doors (from the movie) I'm making won't be too big.
Update: I added some varieties of the straight corridor. Nothing fancy but it will look better when we put more one after another."

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Oct 27th, 2012

New members, new assets, new textures, new awesomeness! We have seen an influx of new members and have accomplished a lot over the past couple of weeks.

First of all, I’d just like to say thanks on behalf of the team for all the support we’ve been getting. It’s great and really spurs us on!

Now, you're all probably eager to know what we've been up to... As mentioned in the summary, we have loads of new members!

So, here's a list of all of our members to date:

Sceluk ---Core + mapping

SharkYbg ---Core + 3D modeller + basic coding

Schlechtwetterfront a.k.a Ande ---3D character modeller

Freelancer134 ---3D modeller

Starkiller2356 a.k.a. Ben2356 ---mapping + basic coding

Andy_ftw ---programmer, learning complex CE3 code

[RES]Sev ---public relations + publicity

We also currently talking to a few other potential members about joining the team. If you want to join, look here: Moddb.com

Now, as you'd expect with the increased in the number of members in our team, we have some sexy new models...

Schlechtwetterfront's been working on a kick-ass Snowtrooper for Hoth and hopes to make a Rebel trooper very soon:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Freelancer134 has been busy creating a new turret for Hoth:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Here are a couple of screenshots showcasing a Snow Snowspeeder that SharkYbg made recently:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

SharkYbg has also been editing the corridors in Hoth and came up with this:

Spoiler:

We are also looking at suitable textures for Hoth (made by Sceluk), but unfortunately we don't have
anything to show you for that.

Member Andy_Ftw is learning the vehicle code in CE3 so we will be able to get the
vehicles all up and running in no time.

Finally, [RES]Sev has made an awesome page for over at resholonet.com (needs updating): [url=Resholonet.com.br]Resholonet.com.br[/url]

That's all for now folks, May the force be with you...

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Nov 19th, 2012

Another big update for November...
Our game has come on leaps and bounds recently and we are making excellent progress. A new forum has been set up for the devs, new members have been recruited and we have had 1000s of views on moddb.
November has been a very productive month for my fellow team members. They have been busy texturing, modelling and coding, while I have been busy organising a forum and recruiting more members.

New members that have officially joined become part of the team since the last update are:

411Remnant (video editing, 2D art)

Atombomb (3D modeller)

deltasquad451’ / ’Goldstein343’ (3D weapons modeller)

Lephenix (3D modeller)

Krym0r (textures, mapping)

Deforges (texture artist and 3D modeller)

Wide Boy (props, buildings, weapons modelling)

and bringdowntherain (music)

Without further ado, here are some sexy screenies for you to enjoy!

This sleek and shiny blaster prototype is Deforges' latest effort:

Spoiler:

Atombomb has been busy constructing one of the most iconic vehicles in the Star Wars franchise, the AT-AT, seen here along side an AT-ST:

Spoiler:

Next up is Ande's new rebel trooper, which currently needs a face but is already coming along nicely:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last of the models (but certainly not least) is Lephenix's new GONK model which dispenses ammo:

Spoiler:

Many members in the team have been working on new textures for Hoth and SharkYbg has been making some great progress on Echo Base:

Spoiler:

411Remnant has been designing some menus for the game and this is one of my favourites (bare in mind that the fonts still need tweaking):

Spoiler:

Freelancer134 has been making other awesome models, Andy_ftw has been busy coding the CP (control point) system, Ande has been is working on a spawn menu, but more on these things next time!

That's all for now folks, stay tuned and 'may the force be with you'...

PS Sorry if I missed anyone out in the list, there's been so much going on recently. Very Happy

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Nov 21st, 2012

Rank 1 on Moddb! >10,000 views in a single day!
"So long and thanks for all views!" That's what I would have said if I were a Dolphin in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

Spoiler:
Thank you so much for all the support fellow Star Wars fans.

To show our appreciation, we will give you a very nice game-play teaser by Christmas...

Keep on rocking and may the force be with you!
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Glitch
Storm Trooper Corporal
Storm Trooper Corporal
Glitch

Registration Date : 2012-04-02

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/21/2012, 8:59 pm

Looks fantastic! You guys are really doing a nice job! I've never played Crysis and I have no idea what the gameplay is like. Will you guys have some sort of character customization or custom class system? Or is it going to be set?
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img841/5206/glitchesultimatesidemod.jpg
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/21/2012, 9:55 pm

Glitch wrote:
Looks fantastic! You guys are really doing a nice job! I've never played Crysis and I have no idea what the gameplay is like. Will you guys have some sort of character customization or custom class system? Or is it going to be set?

Thanks for the support my friend, at the moment we are focusing on the basics things, but there'll be customization later, it is planned i think. And it is a stand-alone, it doesn't require Crysis 2.
Back to top Go down
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Clone Trooper Master Staff Major
Clone Trooper Master Staff Major
TWINKEYRUNAWAY

Registration Date : 2012-07-12

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/22/2012, 4:24 pm

Cool Cool! Cant wait to see more of your model updates!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/22/2012, 5:29 pm

Thanks, and me of your HUD updates Cool .
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/23/2012, 2:52 am

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you from the sound of my intense salivation. There's practically a river of it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/23/2012, 10:13 am

Thanks Revan Smile .
Back to top Go down
Jayking3000
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jayking3000

Registration Date : 2012-10-15

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/26/2012, 5:43 am

Is this a mod for Battlefront II? The menu screen looks way different.
Back to top Go down
http://elites.forumotion.com/forum
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime11/26/2012, 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime12/2/2012, 8:21 pm

Dear fellow fans of the mod,

Thank you very much for your awesome support. It really motivates us!

Seeing as today, we are Rank 1 (again!), I thought I'd take the chance to ask you to vote for us as mod of the year!

Winning the 'Best Upcoming' category would be truly awesome.

Also, just to let you know, we will be releasing our December update over the next couple of days!

Mod of the Year Awards

May the force be with you... Always.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime12/7/2012, 1:02 pm

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Dec 6th, 2012

The December update is here and we are making a lot of progress! Thanks for all of those who voted for us as 'Best Upcoming' mod of the year!

Hello fellow fans of Star Wars: BattleCry,

Today, I'd like to share with you some very important updates for the end of 2012 (I can't believe this awesome year is finally at an end!)

First of all, we'd like to thank all of the people who have been voting for us as 'Best Upcoming (unreleased)' mod of the year! It really means a lot! *If you haven't voted yet, we'd appreciate it if you would!*

Secondly, I like to give you a list of some of the latest additions to our team:

‘Thomas Johnson' (3D modeller + texture artist)

‘Terry Chiem' / ‘Terach' (animator)

‘Altureus' (musician and voice actor)

‘Dr.Doozer' (musician)

‘Fritzke' (coder and 2D artist)

Unfortunately, 3D modeller ‘Freelancer134' is no longer on the team as he has gone to work on a Arma 3 mod. He made some really nice models for us (including a Hoth turret and an E-web cannon) and his work and determination will be missed. :-(

Now, I will display some screenshots of our latest work!

3D modeller and texture artist Deforges has finished texturing the SE-14r blaster:

Spoiler:

He has also made this stunning DL-44 blaster:

Spoiler:

3D modeller and coder Ande has made some updates to his Rebel trooper updates (he now has a face and a backpack):

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ben2356 has been busy making new textures for Hoth and they look great in-game! Here's one of my favourites:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

3D modeller SharkYbg has made some new updates on the interior of the Echo Base on Hoth, here is one of the things he has been working on:

Spoiler:

Finally, the music department has been busy making a Theme for BattleCry and we will upload a prototype MP3 file soon!

In other news, new modeller Tom Johnson has been making a Rebel Pilot, Ande has been coding the CP rules and implementing a custom character selection menu, WideBoy has been working on some props and new animator Terach has been busy creating a Human Rig for Maya (software).

There's a lot of awesome new stuff being made, it's easy to lose track! Very Happy

That's all for now folks,

May the force be with you!

And the work i have done that wasn't ready for the update:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jayking3000
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jayking3000

Registration Date : 2012-10-15

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime12/7/2012, 6:35 pm

Too cool!
Back to top Go down
http://elites.forumotion.com/forum
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime12/11/2012, 7:21 pm

Woot, we are nominated for the mod of the year, support us by voting for the mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlecry
Back to top Go down
LORD SARK
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Clone Trooper Sergeant
LORD SARK

Registration Date : 2012-12-07

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime12/11/2012, 7:32 pm

I briefly looked over your models so far and they look fantastic!!! The underground tunnels to echo base look like they were pulled right out of the movie! excellent work!!
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime12/11/2012, 7:42 pm

Thanks for your support (i'm the GONK modeler Smile atm)
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime3/3/2013, 10:45 pm

Quote :
Posted by rocknroll237 on Mar 3rd, 2013

Sorry for the wait BattleCry fans. But just because there was a slight delay doesn't mean we haven't been making great things!

Hello again Star Wars: BattleCry fans!

First off, we'd like to say sorry for the lack of an update in February. We've all been pretty busy and weren't able to get our stuff ready in time.

But do not fret! We're still making lots of progress!

Before we show off our latest work, we want to let you know that we've finished our F.A.Q. Please read it before asking us questions about the game. Thanks.

We have a few other announcements to make:

Our website is currently being re-designed and will be open to the public later on in the year
We are currently making new designs for our moddb, indiedb and Crydev pages
2D artist Josh Archer has created a new logo and has come up with a new presentation theme for particular assets. You'll see the new theme on some of the screenshots below.
Here's a list of new members who are lucky enough to make it onto the team:

'EAR' (sound artist from the Extreme Audio Recording company)
'Joshua Archer' (2D artist)
‘Gen_Rhys_Dallows' / ‘Delante Capers' (voice artist and currently working on a mod called Expanding Fronts)
‘Joseph Greve' / ‘lime517' (musician)
‘Mandosis' (web design)
Now onto the stuff you've all been waiting to see!
3D modeller Sharky has made more progress on the Snowspeeder and we have a new texture for it. He's also working on the interior and we're all looking forward to seeing it!

Spoiler:

3D modeller and coder Ande has been busy making a kick-ass Rebel pilot:

Spoiler:

3D modeller Deforges has made the most iconic turret in the whole of Star Wars, the cylinder turret! The texture suits the model really well don't you think?

Spoiler:

3D modeller and environmental artist Lephenix has also made an EG6 droid:

Spoiler:

He has also been working on Palpatine's Office. Here's a very W.I.P screenshot:

Spoiler:

Although we don't have anything to show right now, sound artist Calum (tunednoise) has recorded a huge amount of voice overs (>1gb!) and we will be sorting through them soon! Keep an eye (or rather an ear) out for this.

Finally, before I sign off, our main animator Terach has encourntered a rather nasty bug in CryEngine 3. If you know how to solve it or know anyone who might be able to help, please make a post on the forum: Crydev.net Thank you!

Well, that's all for now folks, we hope this update was worth the wait.

Stay tuned for a dev diary this month...

May the force be with you!

PS: We are still looking mostly for talented environment artists! If you feel you're up to the challenge and could do with a bit of artwork to bolster your portfolio shoot us a mail!
rocknroll237@googlemail.com or a PM directly to the Mod/Dev Team!
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime5/5/2013, 1:53 pm

Quote :
NEWS FLASH: Our very own website has now been launched! www.swbattlecry.com

May the 4th be with you fellow BattleCry fans!

We have some awesome stuff to show you guys today.

Before we get onto the juicy stuff though, I would like to take the time to say goodbye to long time 2D artist 411remnant and 3D artist Gertmanus - his stay was brief, but we wish him luck in his new job!

Important announcements:

Web designer Mandosis has spent approximately 3 months getting our website sorted, and we're all pleased to say that it is now live! Check it out at www.swbattlecry.com
We have a new look on moddb and crydev.net and we will be changing our headers/profile pictures on facebook and twitter soon
We're digging the support on Facebook, we now have >1400 likes! We also have >200 Twitter followers including Tony Dyson ‏ @AnthonyDyson, the guy who built R2-D2!
Thanks go out to Darren over at vgrevolution.com for interviewing us: T.co and we'd also like to thank devsmalltalk for interviewing our modeller Deforges a few weeks ago: T.co
As always, we've managed to recruit some new members who will be creating some awesome things over the next few months:

'Varegg' (3D artist, the new gun man in town)
'Erica Szalkowski' (2D artist)
'Javid Ali' (animator)
'Nima Dh' (animator)
'Richard Goulet' (sound artist)
'Justin S' (also a sound artist)
Now, here's what you've all been waiting for, our beautiful screenshots!
3D modeller Sharkybg has been hard at work making the interior for our kick-ass Snowspeeder:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

New 3D modeller Varegg made this amazing E-11 blaster in just a couple of days:

Spoiler:

Last, but certainly not least, the master of 3D characters, Ande, has made the iconic Fleet Trooper, ready and primed for space action!

Spoiler:

In other news:

Sound artists Calum (tunednoise) and Altureus have been polishing up hundreds of voice overs (a HUGE task) and we'll do our best to get some of them out to you guys via moddb and our website.

Sharkybg has recently added new interior sections to Hoth which look awesome and will add an interesting gameplay element to the map. More on this later!

We hope you had/have a good day! The BattleCry team.
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime7/1/2013, 12:34 pm

Quote :
Hi there BattleCry supporters and fans!

Unless you've been living in a cave for the past month or so, you won't need me to tell you in an over-excited voice that BATTLEFRONT 3 IS BEING DEVELOPED!

While feelings are mixed about EA and what they'll do with the game, we'll be carrying on as normal. In order to keep things interesting, we'll be adapting our gameplay and will be freer with lore (e.g. maps will feature things you normally wouldn't expect).

And just to clear some things up, here's a tweet we made:
EA have announced they're making Battlefront 3! While this is great news, we'll be doing our best to offer something different and exciting.
- Star Wars: BattleCry (@SWBattleCry) June 10, 2013

Anyway, it's been quite a while since our last update and a lot has happened with the team and the way we are structured.

But before we begin, we must report that 3D artist Deforges, 2D artist Joshua Archer and small props modeller Defiant Sigma left the team earlier this month. They were all long time members and we wish them luck and thank them for all the work they did!
Just in case you're wondering, Deforges left because he felt that his mission to get a Battlefront 3 release was done and no longer wanted to work on the team; Josh ‘left' (although he may be back!) because he will be starting Uni soon, and, strangely enough, he is busy working in Vietnam and Defiant Sigma left because she couldn't spend much time on the game.

Important announcements:

Our Web Master Mandosis has made some changes to the website. More on that later.
Thanks to a major Reddit post, we got almost 100,000 views on the website in 24 hours!
We have 2,227 likes on Facebook now, >500 followers on twitter and > 1000 trackers on moddb!
We've closed the old moddb forums and old recruitment threads on Crydev.net and moddb because we have a new new recruitment page on our site: Swbattlecry.com
We now have a Google Plus page: Plus.google.com
And a Reddit page too: Reddit.com
As usual we have some new people who have joined the team:

Camraab (environmental artist)
Praglik (environmental artist/mapper)
Ataman (coder)
DomP (3D modeller)
Chris Williams (3D modeller)
Changes to the website this month:

As mentioned earlier our Web Master ‘Mandosis' has made some changes to the website this month including adding support for pinning the site as a tile to your Start screen on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview. It works as a live tile that will let you know when there is new news about this project.

Here is the change log:

6/12/2013

Recruitment link on the navigation bar under Game. Join us! link added under the About Us link on the navigation bar
Media icon was changed
Removed poll from the front page
Removed twitter feed from the front page
Added Media to the front page
Added Donation box to the front page
Minor changes in the code
Added a new poll on the Overview page
6/13/2013

Added CAPTCHA to comments and forum posts to try and eliminate or reduce spam
6/28/2013

New measures to reduce spam
Minor upgrades
You can now pin the website to the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Start screen from Internet Explorer as a tile. All sizes are supported and any news from the website will be pushed to the tile
We hope you enjoy the changes. Now onto the juicy stuff you all have been waiting for!
(Sorry for not using the new design for showing off new work, we wanted to get this update out last minute, but we'll make sure that the designs are applied to these screenshots later on)
3D modeler James Thorpe has been busy making the Millennium Falcon.
Here's a WIP for you all to enjoy:

Spoiler:

Deforges made us an awesome HH-15 Rocket Launcher a few weeks ago and now you can check out the gun for yourself:

Spoiler:

Deforges also created this small but powerful/cute/awesome Scout pistol:

Spoiler:

Just before he left he also retextured the mighty A280 rifle:

Spoiler:

New 3D weapons modeler Varegg proved he was a worthy ‘replacement’ for Deforges (we use quotation marks because it’s hard to replace Mr Guns) by making this beautiful DH-17 Blaster:

Spoiler:

Last but not least on the model front (and don’t forget we have more models in the pipe-line!) is this sensational (almost finished) Speederbike by new 3D modeller Chris Williams! Check it out now at this link:

P3d.in

As you folks want us to give you more than just screenshots of models, we thought we should show you some textures made by long time texture artist Ben2356:

Spoiler:

Another thing we’re working on atm is a new HUD. Krym0r has been giving it a go and has made some great progress on this front. Here’s one of his concepts:

Spoiler:

We've made huge progress on our voice overs and sound effects too and coding is as strong as ever. We'll try and get some of that stuff released, but that's it for now... I think there's enough there. Very Happy

The BattleCry team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates   Updates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1