SWBF CUSTOM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWBF CUSTOM

The best way to custom your games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

Registration Date : 2010-08-21
Location : The good 'ol United States of America, Iowa Great Lakes region

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7/31/2011, 6:05 pm

Acryptozoo wrote:
just thought of this
while it probably wouldnt look the best
you could reskin Kit Fito for Nym l

That's what I was thinking at first.

I just want to establish what factions should be fighting who.

Rebellion vs IG-88's Droid Army (GCW, Campaign)
Empire vs IG-88's Droid Army (GCW, Campaign)
Lok Revenants vs Trade Federation (TPM)
Lok Revenants vs CIS (CW)
Lok Revenants vs Empire (GCW)
Empire vs Rebellion (typical GCW)
Republic vs CIS (typical CW)

So people here get a say. What do you guys want to see? We've not seen the Lok Revenants in BF2 before and I'm willing to do that, but feel free to suggest anything there.

Of course, this is just to give me something to work with when I get to the sides.
I'll still be working on the visuals and the layout overall beforehand, though. First and foremost. It is playable as is, but I wanna make this an awesome map.

@Lephenix: Thanks, man! Very Happy

Last edited by RevanSithLord on 8/5/2011, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.loadedandplay.com
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/3/2011, 6:54 pm

Update: (no media at the moment) Well, I'm still working on the map. Just need to reskin the buildings a little more and make a few more visual tweaks map wise as well as place a few more pieces of junk. Which by the way, it would be fantastic if I can find the space debris that was used in the stock Tatooine Space map (having trouble finding that). Still waiting on AT-AT torso to add to the left of the wall.

But yeah, not much left to go visually on the default map (may add changing atmosphere on a later version, such as night time. Also did it rain on Lok? I don't remember if in SWG if it rained. I know there were dust storms and day/night cycles, but I don't know if it rained on Lok.).

My main concern is what sides I should put in the map, seeing as I didn't get any responses for my sides question. Should I add a poll or something?

I'll make it so you can check multiple options, because I need answers for both eras (unless I decide to make a full era mod down the line, but this will be a test to see if I should continue that). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/6/2011, 6:18 pm

!!!UPDATE!!!: I have an important question for fellow GTers and SWBFCustom'ers here alike.

Should I release a public beta here with stock sides today as a taste of the layout/get opinions on what to fix/what not to fix/sides suggestions? Or should I work on the sides now and have it take longer?

I'll make a poll so that people can vote.

Also, I took screens of my map on the highest settings. I feel darkening the terrain like everyone told me to made it a tad too dark, but you guys be the judge of that.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

Registration Date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/6/2011, 6:58 pm

Nice map, i always lke custom sides but if it is just for a beta, keep the stock sides, and you'll add the custom sides for the release version Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://lephenixbeginnings.blogspot.fr/
Acryptozoo
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Clone Trooper Lieutenant
Acryptozoo

Registration Date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/6/2011, 7:13 pm

Looking Awesome
you should increase the view distance abit so the props in the distance dont seem to fade out Smile
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 1:56 am

FarSceneRange fixed - fade issue is no more.

I just want to tweak the water before I release a public beta of it.

Could someone tell me the exact line I need to edit to make the top of the water a brownish instead of bluish? Below the water are the correct colors. Or maybe the water is just blue because the sky color is in the reflection of the water? I don't know. AQT told me the sky doesn't effect the water color, but I am just unsure. Is it that I'm missing something?

Here's my .FX file in-case anyone's wondering.

Code:
Effect("Water")
{

// general parameters
   PatchDivisions(4,4);

// ocean parameters
   OceanEnable(0);

// water event parameters
   WaterRingColor(161, 123, 87,255);
   WaterWakeColor(161, 123, 87,255);
   WaterSplashColor(161, 123, 87,255);

// PS2 parameters
   PS2()
   {
      Tile(1.0,1.0);
      Velocity(0.00,0.00);
      LODDecimation(8);
      MainTexture("kas2_water");
      MinDiffuseColor(30,30,30, 255);
      MaxDiffuseColor(70, 70, 70, 255);
      BorderDiffuseColor(10, 10, 10, 255);
      SpecularColor(60, 60, 60, 152);
      SpeckleSpecularColor(80, 80, 80, 150);
      SpeckleAmbientColor(50, 50, 50, 80);
      SpeckleTextures("water_specularmask_",25, 4.0);
      SpeckleTile(8.0, 8.0);
      SpeckleScrollSpeed(0.0,0.0);
      SpeckleCoordShift(5.0,5.0);
      LightAzimAndElev(1.0,0.0);
   }

// XBOX parameters
   XBOX()
   {
      Tile(2.0,2.0);
      NormalMapTextures("water_normalmap_",16,8.0);
      LODDecimation(1);
      RefractionColor(110, 135, 139, 255);
      ReflectionColor(110,135,139,255);
      UnderwaterColor(96, 96, 88, 128);
      FresnelMinMax(0.3,0.6);
      Velocity(0.04, 0.008);

}

// PC parameters
   PC()
   {
      Tile(2.0,2.0);
      MainTexture("kas2_water.tga");
      LODDecimation(1);
      RefractionColor(250, 230, 230, 125);
      ReflectionColor(250, 230, 125, 125);
      UnderwaterColor(235, 220, 115, 115);
      FresnelMinMax(0.3,0.6);
      FarSceneRange(1500)

NormalMapTextures("water_normalmap_",16,8.0);
      BumpMapTextures("water_bumpmap_",16,8.0);
      SpecularMaskTextures("water_specularmask_",25, 4);
      SpecularMaskTile(2.0, 2.0);
      SpecularMaskScrollSpeed(0.0,0.0);
      Velocity(0.01,0.01);

}

}

Effect("hdr")
{
   Enable(1)
}

SunFlare()
{
  Angle(120.000000, -30.000000);
  Color(250, 230, 155);
  Size(5.0);
  FlareOutSize(40.0);
  NumFlareOuts(40);
  InitialFlareOutAlpha(70);
  HaloInnerRing(0.0, 255, 255, 255, 255);
  PC()
  {
      HaloMiddleRing(10.0, 255, 200, 0, 128);
  }
  HaloOutterRing(40.0, 255, 127, 0, 0);
  SpikeColor(230,230,0,128);
  SpikeSize(9.0);
}
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 8:13 am

Wasn't as ready as I thought it was. Having unexpected crashes. Don't worry - a beta will come soon. Just adjusting things in the .lua, among other things. Not messing with the water for awhile, just trying to fix the skydome and the soldieranimation memory pool.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Dark Trooper Phase 1 Class
Icemember

Registration Date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 10:00 am

Back tracking and Restoring usally work. Then last but not least, deleting the unessassary.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/7/2011, 5:26 pm

Icemember wrote:
Back tracking and Restoring usally work. Then last but not least, deleting the unessassary.

Yeah. Might be the only way there.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8/11/2011, 11:35 pm

I just wanted to say I'm munging now and I will be uploading a SWBF Custom Beta here for everyone to try out. I'll password it in-case anyone wants. I'll make a thread once I get it uploaded. And when I get enough feedback on what to change and how I can fix things, I'll upload a second beta to see if I'm going in the right direction.

And if all goes smooth after the second one, I will get to work on the custom sides (possibly new modes. Survival wave mode? I like that idea in a junkyard. Might place turrets for defense on that one. Wink). I just wanted to tell everyone where I was at on that one.

Icemember, I still need an AT-AT body if you wouldn't mind getting to that when you can, please?
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/19/2011, 6:38 pm

I'm sure people here are wondering if I am still working on this. Yes, I am.

I think I finally have a basic layout for the pirates vs droids side for the CW (TPM) era.

Lok Revenants

Pirate
Blaster Rifle (or Disruptor Rifle), Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, EMP Grenades (droid poppers).

Pirate Heavy
[Heavy weapon. Unsure as to what. Rocket launchers get a bit boring.], Blaster Pistol (or carbine), Thermal Detonators, IM Mines (need a DF95 reference somewhere).

Pirate Assassin
Sniper Rifle or Normal Rifle with Enhanced Scope, Blaster Pistol (perhaps even flechette pistol or a unique blaster Acrypt happens to make from SWG), Thermal Detonators, Cloak, Turret (I probably want a better looking turret model. Something more practical and a bit more difficult to destroy...maybe smaller. Something a unit can actually carry and deploy on the battlefield by merely reaching into a pocket and tossing it out there for easy deployment.)

Pirate Smuggler
Shotgun, flechette pistol, or maybe dual repeater pistols, det packs, slicer tools (fusion cutter. Maybe a different design?).

Pirate Medic
Blaster Carbine, smoke detonators (I had this idea, because you want to give the people you're trying to heal some sort of cover), bacta pack, small health buff.

Pirate Support
Grenade Launcher (thinking of what model I want for that one. I don't think the Packered Mortar Gun was made until GCW, though), blaster pistol, sonic grenades (I realize this will get annoying, so I might change this idea), rage buff (I guess sort of like the default officer class. Except I don't think a Pirate group would have 'Officers' per say, aside from "Captain", which Nym is by this point.), Ammo Box

Pirate Gunner
Repeater cannon, blaster pistol, thermal detonators, EMP grenades, deployable E-web

Hero: Nym
Slugthrower Carbine (either this or the J-1 Rifle), disruptor pistol, Thermal Detonators, Trip Mines, Time Bomb, Rally Buff (since Nym is the commander here, I gave him the Rally Buff. I am unsure if I want him to be a timed hero like the default ones or if I want him to be unlocked. If he will be unlocked, then I see no point in adding actual 'heroes'.)

_____

Trade Federation

To be honest, I was thinking the Trade Federation would have the side just like in BF1 just before the B2 came along, however if anyone has suggestions for the droid sides, let me know. Also, let me know on if you guys want me to change some of the pirates up, because I fear a few of those classes maybe rendered pointless somehow.

I am going to have to think of the sides for IG-88 and the Empire soon as well.

Also, yes, I apologize. It's been a couple months since the last update, but I AM still working on it. I just needed a break to think of exactly what I wanted for that side...and what I think people would like, but you guys have a say, of course.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/19/2011, 11:37 pm

Looking good commander. Can't wait to see more updates Smile
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/20/2011, 12:01 pm

Totally agree with Ice.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/21/2011, 8:38 pm

Since the pirates are consisted of many different species, what species would you guys like to see?

The only Feeorin is Nym, so I can't have multiple of those, because people probably wouldn't be able to tell who's who.

Anyways,
Nautolan (I really don't want to have to animate the head tails)
Twi-lek
Human
Weequay
Trandoshan
Bith (Jinkins is actually a Bith. Maybe I'll include him somewhere. Not sure.)

Species question aside, I SHOULD be getting to making the skins for them soon unless someone here would like to skin a few pirates for me?
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/21/2011, 10:31 pm

Let me see if I can help ya out real quick with one of them.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/21/2011, 11:56 pm

My major concern is Nym, who is a Feeorin. Nym was in SWG, so perhaps you can cross reference a model, or I'm going to have to reskin the existing Kit Fisto model as a work around. Not that that'd be too much of a problem for me. Nautolans and Feeorins have enough similar features externally that I'm sure most people won't tell from first glance, as long as it's textured properly.
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/22/2011, 12:03 am

I can go into SWG and take a look at him as I made free play till december Smile
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/26/2011, 7:39 am

That'd be cool, thank you! No pressure of course. Very Happy

Edit: Update!

Spoiler:

A bit rough around the edges, but I'm glad I got it working! Thanks to the brilliant tutorial by our beloved Commander Icer!
Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/26/2011, 9:11 am

Excellent Dance .
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/27/2011, 9:57 pm

Now it's time for a REAL update. This time with actual content rather than just talking about what I'm gonna be doing.

With very little error (practically none), I have gotten my first unit in for the Lok Revenants. The basic Pirate (my take on what a Lok Revenant Pirate would have looked like). Basically hired by Nym to perform basic gruntwork during pirate operations...whether it be guarding treasures or raiding convoys, the basic pirates are great for forming the backbone of a pirate group.

Spoiler:

I used black, red, and brown. I made sure the red wasn't too saturated and I may tone it down a bit later, however it matches the red Lok Revenant symbol, which can be found on the shoulder pad. Brown because I feel brown should be on any pirate somewhere (that can be taken wrong somehow, I just know it). Black, because universally...black just makes everything look cool. It's the rule of cool. 8) These infantrymen have the symbols on their shoulderpads to show that they're happy to be working for Nym (basically like a gang...show off your gang's colors...the gang gets reputation), who pays them pretty good if they are competent (he will either fire you or shoot you [you could say 'firing you' means that he'll likely 'terminate' your contract by means of a blaster shot to the head] if you fail too much. If you fail big time, e.g. betray him, you're toast) and loyal. Nym is someone you shouldn't cross.

Sadly the UV Map made the symbols appear on the knee pads as well. Wish I could fix that. As well as make the shoulder pads not mirror. I feel that showing too many symbols on a model will detract from a skin.

I am proudly using Icemember's fabulous TFU Saboteur to represent my basic pirate vision. It is likely that they stole this armor from an armor somewhere.

Whistler Carbine by CodaRez.

I will be sure to activate the transparency on the visor soon. No worries about that.

The carbine fires 200 shots at the moment.

Things to fix: Add transparency.
Tone down red so it's not as overbearing.
Sounds for unit's weapons.
New particle FX for Whistler Carbine.
Fix texture mirroring with logo.

Back to top Go down
Lephenix
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Scout Trooper Sergeant
Lephenix

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/28/2011, 9:02 am

Great update, good job my friend 8) .
Back to top Go down
skelltor
Corporal
Corporal
skelltor

Registration Date : 2010-10-20

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/28/2011, 12:39 pm

Nice skin Smile just a comment but imo the pirates uniform should be dirtier and his armour more scratched/damaged for a "grittier" look.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10/28/2011, 6:16 pm

skelltor wrote:
Nice skin Smile just a comment but imo the pirates uniform should be dirtier and his armour more scratched/damaged for a "grittier" look.

I actually agree with this, because I wanted it to be a bit dirtier and more worn. I mean, it's a pirate...not a new off the line clonetrooper or droid. I'll be sure to add some grittiness to it and make it a bit more good on the quality. Basically, I'd say that pirates piece together armor, rather than just wear full sets.

For instance... they might take an armor chest plate, shoulder pads, and gloves, but leave the leggings and the arm armor.

In this case they took a helmet, shoulder pads, a flak jacket, and shoulder strap things (could never figure out the term there). But yeah, no worries, it will gain grittiness and stuff over the course of time.

Since this is TPM, it's going to be a bit hard finding a side-arm for the time period, so I'm thinking of, regarding time period, to have it roughly during sometime late in the Clone Wars (so that the crashed AT-TE's actually make sense...), but I am still going to give it SW: Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter nostalgic mannerisms, along with some Shadow of the Empire and Dark Forces 95 feelings, despite being based on an SWG heroic instance. This way, I can give them a bit of a wider range of weaponry and not have it too out of place.

Also, I added a new area near the jail and I added two more CPs. Because I didn't want completely linear gameplay like it has been (I only did that as a test). I will be adding more cover and some more things to clutter the area. Rest assured, I will make the map as fun as it can be, but also not sacrificing for the lack of a better term, some realism.
Back to top Go down
RevanSithLord
Scout Trooper Commander
Scout Trooper Commander
RevanSithLord

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 9:06 am

Well, I do have a small update for this, but it's just a skin - rather, a reskin. I think I like this result better than the last one. I apologize, Ice, but I went ahead and went with B.I.G. Cookie's TFU dude instead. I think I like the result better, but I may use yours somewhere. I know I will definitely be using the Neimoidian in here somewhere.

Edit - my bad forgot the picture:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Icemember
Icemember

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12/2/2011, 11:07 am

cool lol Smile He looks well sharpened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound   [WIP] Lok: Factory Compound - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WIP] Lok: Factory Compound

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SWBF CUSTOM :: Star Wars Battlefront Games :: Map/Mod in progress-